Thursday, March 22, 2012

Red River Valley - Roy Acuff

Red River Valley - Roy Acuff

Biography

Born: September 15, 1903 in Maynardville, TN

Genre: Country

Years Active: '30s, '40s, '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s

Roy Acuff was called the King of Country Music, and during more than 60 years he lived up to that ground of claim. If any performer embodied country science of harmonical sounds, it was Roy Acuff. Throughout his sweep, Acuff was a champion for orally transmitted country values, enforcing his beliefs being of the cl~s who a performer, a music publisher, and at the same time that the Grand Master of the Grand Ole Opry. Acuff was the before anything else country music superstar after the debt of nature of Jimmie Rodgers, pioneering an influential vocal style that complemented the grant, simple songs he...

Track list

Things That Might Have Been
Blues in My Mind
It's Too Late Now to Worry Anymore
My Tears Don't Show
No Letter in the Mail
Branded Wherever I Go
As Long As I Live
Do You Wonder Why
End of the World
I Love You Because
I'm Planting a Rose
If I Had My Life to Live Over
Jealous Heart
Just a Closer Walk With Thee
Lonely Mound of Clay
Mother Prays Loud in Her Sleep
(Today) My Love Came Back to Me
The Nearest Thing to Heaven
Nobody's Darling But Mine
No One Will Ever Know
The One I Love Is Gone
Budded Roses
If Brother Jack Were Here
The Letter Edged in Black
The Great Titanic
Give My Love to Nell
Little Rosewood Casket
Put My Little Shoes Away
Red River Valley
Shut Up in the Mines (At Coal Creek)
Two Little Orphans
Zeb Turney's Gal
Roy Acuff's Greatest Hits
Water from the Wells of Home (Bonus Tracks)
Roy Acuff: His Earliest Recordings
Greatest Gospel Songs
Greatest Gospel Songs
Roy Acuff's Greatest Hits
20 All-Time Best Sellers
Greatest Gospel Songs
Greatest Gospel Songs
Greatest Hits (Re-Recorded Versions)

No comments:

Post a Comment